A fully revised and updated edition of this popular introduction to language teaching methodology, which describes different methods and approaches in language teaching. It provides practical, step-by-step guidance for new teachers and introduces more experienced teachers to new approaches and teaching ideas.
* Fully updated.
* An accessible introduction to different methods and approaches in language teaching.
* Provides practical, step-by-step guidance for new teachers. Clear and jargon-free.
* Suitable for in-service and initial teacher training, and pre-course reading for MA students.
* Introduces more experienced teachers to new approaches and teaching ideas.
* Cartoons and illustrations, redrawn for this edition.
To the Teacher Educator
2 The Grammar-Translation Method
3 The Direct Method
4 The Audio-Lingual Method
5 The Silent Way
7 Community Language Learning
8 Total Physical Response
9 Communicative Language Teaching
10 Content-based, Task-based, and Participatory Approaches
11 Learning Strategy Training, Cooperative Learning, and Multiple Intelligences