Oferta obowiązuje do wyczerpania zapasów. W przypadku zamówienia tego samego tytułu przez kilka osób obowiązuje kolejność zgłoszenia.
A topic-based, three-level course which takes a fresh look at the needs and learning styles of young teenagers.
* The course builds on the progress made in English at primary level, so that students don't have to start from the beginning again.
* The units are topic-based, with a great deal of fascinating authentic material about the real world. Students are encouraged to contribute from their own knowledge, opinions and feelings. Pairwork and groupwork activities reinforce the communicative emphasis.
* There is an innovative 'use-it-first' approach. New language is first presented through a skills activity. This is followed by a 'Looking at Language' box in which students are asked to deduce and practise the grammar rule using the language from the activity.
* There is also an innovative 'multi-skills' approach, which means that skills are practised together within activities rather than kept separate, resulting in greater variety and more natural language use. Icons show clearly which skills are being practised.
* The course encourages students to take responsibility for their own learning. It fosters student independence with activities such as vocabulary record-keeping, self-evaluation, and a guided choice of practice activities to improve areas of weakness. Each unit also includes a self-evaluation sheet and self-evaluation quiz.
* It has been designed specifically to overcome the problems of mixed-ability classes. There is a full range of extension activities for stronger students, extra support for weaker students, graded grammar practice exercises, and mixed-ability pairwork.
* Regular raps, songs and chants provide excellent pronunciation and listening practice in each unit, as well as adding greatly to students' enjoyment of the course.
* eight topic-based units providing balanced coverage of all four skills
* a 'Grammar Help' section, providing consolidation and support
* student learning objectives and self-evaluation
* a 'Communication Bank' with mixed-ability pair and groupwork tasks
* eight units linked thematically to the Student's Book units
* vocabulary extension activities
* graded grammar exercises for each grammar point in the Student's Book
* reading and writing skills development, with a guided writing syllabus introduced from level 2
* 'Reading for fun' to encourage further extensive reading in English
* 'Help Yourself' grammar revision section
* interleaved for ease of use
* step-by-step teaching notes
* detailed lesson plans
* practical advice on methodology and evaluation
* cultural notes and useful addresses for authentic materials
* Progress Tests for each unit
* a Resource File, providing a bank of photocopiable activity sheets
* raps, chants, and songs with karaoke versions for mixed-ability work
* a range of accents, including different varieties of British, North American and Australian English
* listening material for the tests in the Teacher's Book